3 cups Flour, all-purpose
3 tablespoons Sugar
1, ¼-oz package RED STAR Active Dry Yeast
1 teaspoon Salt
½ cup Milk
¼ cup Water
2 tablespoons Butter
1 tablespoon Orange zest
1 tablespoon Water
1 Egg white
½ cup Sugar
2 teaspoons Cinnamon, ground
1 cup Apples, peeled, thin sliced
1 cup Cranberries, dried
¾ cup Hazelnuts, toasted, skins removed, chopped
½ cup Powdered sugar
1-2 tablespoons Orange juice
1 teaspoon Orange zest
1. Blend 1 cup flour with next 3 ingredients; set aside. Heat milk, water, butter, and zest until warm (120°F); pour into large bowl. Add flour mixture.
2. Blend on low 30 seconds; add egg. Beat on medium 3 minutes. Stir in remaining flour.
3. Knead on floured surface 5 to 8 minutes until smooth and elastic. Place dough in oiled bowl; turn to grease. Cover with damp cloth and let rise in warm place until double in size, 1 hour.
4. Punch down dough on lightly floured surface. Roll into 15x12-inch rectangle. Blend egg white and water; brush over dough. Refrigerate remaining egg.
5. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over dough. Top with apples, cranberries and hazelnuts. Starting with long side of dough, roll into log; pinch to seal. Form into ring; overlap and seal ends. Place seam-side down on greased baking sheet.
6. Using scissors, cut ring from outside through all dough layers to within 1-inch of center.
Make 12 cuts, 2-inches apart. Twist each cut section ¾-turn so cut side faces downward forming pinwheel. Cover with damp cloth and let rise in warm place until indentation remains after touching side, 30 minutes. Brush with remaining egg white.
7. Bake in preheated 375°F oven 30 to 40 minutes until golden brown; cool.
8. Blend powdered sugar, orange juice and zest. Drizzle over cooled tea ring. Serves 12.