|Back to Back Issues Page|
The Songs of Seasonal Smoothies, Issue #160 Sorry for Back Issue#157 sent. FREE Promo is 1/3 & 1/4!
January 01, 2013
Songs of Seasonal Smoothies
If you are receiving your first issue of the Songs of Seasonal Smoothies E-zine -- Thanks for signing up! I hope you learn new ways to fit smoothies into your day and find healthy smoothie recipes that are easy to prepare for your family with every issue.
Start by receiving a complimentary e-book on enjoying the 126 quick and easy smoothie recipes that will give you and your family more energy and stamina, download Smoothies for Athletes FREE!
Kindy's Picks on "Healthy & Creative Smoothies, Using Local & Seasonal Ingredients.....
Snag a FREE Amazon Kindle edition of 215 pages of smoothie recipes in "Simple Seasonal Smoothies"!
It is totally FREE on Thursday, January 3rd & Friday, January 4th, 2013!
If you are so inclined, please leave a nice review for any tips or recipes you found helpful! Thank you!
.........Now you can enjoy a smoothie for every season of the year! Something as simple as adding smoothies into your daily routine can produce a positive change in the overall health and wellness of you and your family.
Choose from over 150 nutrient-rich smoothie recipes with categories such as weekend favorites to fall, winter, spring, summer and even fiber-rich smoothies to add to your breakfast health.
Included with each chapter is an easy grocery shopping list.
Smoothies are guilt-free, refreshing, a good source of vitamins, protein and antioxidants. Each new smoothie recipe that you make will help you get in those lost nutrients that you or your family may be missing.
Enjoy the “smoothie way” to fun and fresh nutrition!
You will also receive a Bonus Eating Tip chapter that will give you 100+ ways to sneak more fruits and vegetables into your meals.
Try a nutrient-rich smoothie today!
Simple Smoothies, normally $2.99 a download, now FREE below to celebrate a new year of wellness in 2013!
Happy New Year!
SEASONAL SMOOTHIES KINDLE RECIPE SAMPLES
Fall & Winter Smoothie Recipes
TRIPLE FRUIT SMOOTHIE
4 slices fresh or frozen peaches
4 fresh or frozen strawberries
10 ounces apple juice or cider
1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
Place all ingredients in blender. Blend until smooth. Pour into chilled glass and garnish with fruit and a dash of cinnamon.
1 3/4 cups pumpkin, canned, chilled
12 ounces evaporated skim milk, chilled
1 1/2 cups orange juice
1/2 cup banana, sliced
1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
Place all ingredients in blender and blend well. If desired, serve over ice and sprinkle with cinnamon.
1 1/2 cups diced pears, fresh or canned
1/2 cup peach nonfat yogurt
1/2 cup pear nectar
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
3-5 ice cubes
Place all ingredients in blender and blend well.
BANANA SPICE SMOOTHIE
1 ripe banana, chopped
2 tablespoons nonfat vanilla yogurt
1-2 teaspoons honey (to taste)
6 ounces nonfat milk, almond or soy milk
Place all ingredients, except nutmeg, into a blender and blend until smooth. Pour into a tall glass, sprinkle with nutmeg if desired and serve immediately. For a delicious nutty taste, try adding 1 tablespoon of slivered almonds to the blender.
Sampling of.....B O N U S E A T I N G T I P S
100+ Ways To Sneak In More Fruits & Vegetables
Jumpstart your morning…..pick up the pace at lunch….go further with dinner…..makes snacks count!
1. Drink a glass of 100% fruit or vegetable juice each day as a snack or with your meal. Try orange juice, grape juice, grapefruit juice or carrot juice.
2. Have a fruit or vegetable with every meal and snack.
3. Always serve a green salad with dinner, mix it up by adding mandarin oranges, pecans, walnuts, cucumbers or avocado.
4. Make and serve a fruit salad and eat from it at meals and snacks.
5. Add fruits and vegetables to foods you are already eating to cereal, cottage cheese, pancakes, stews, chili, pasta salad, pasta, omelets and pizza.
6. Keep fruit in a beautiful fruit bowl where you can see it and grab it.
7. Stay inspired to eat fruits and vegetables when eating out with restaurants that serve vegetable side dishes, fruit salads and fruit smoothies.
8. Try a new fruit and vegetable, don’t always buy the same ones.
9. Breakfast is a great time to start your day off with plant foods. Grapefruit halves, sliced strawberries and bananas are all plant-based staples you can choose every day.
10. Enjoy a veggie-filled pasta or pack a sandwich on thick whole grain bread. Have vegetable noodle soup or a burrito stuffed with beans, tomatoes and other veggies.
Many more tips......download your "Seasonal Smoothie' Kindle TODAY!
What will your family do to get healthier this year?
Celebrating Healthy Families 2013
Thanks for reading!
Kindy --Your Family Dietitian
Copyright (c) 2013, http://www.healthy-kid-recipes.com
|Back to Back Issues Page|